- Security has played a major role in the invention of Bluetooth. The Bluetooth SIG has put much effort into making Bluetooth a secure technology and has security information.
- In general, Bluetoothe security is divided into three modes:
- Service level enforced security
- Link level enforced security.
- Blutooth's security procedure include authorization, authentication and optional encryption.
- Authentication involves proving the identity of a computer user, or in Bluetooth's case, proving the identity of one piconet member to another.
- Authorization is the process of granting or denying access to a network resource.
- Encryption is the translation of data into secret code. It is used between Bluetooth devices so that eavesdroppers can not read its contents.
- However, even all of these defence mechanisms in place, Bluetooth has shown to have some security risks.
Bluetooth Security - Presentation:
Bluetooth Security - PDF
Bluetooth Security Review