Merits and Demerits of the Satellite Communication
- Geostationary satellites require no tracking.
- Satellite communication has the ability of multiple access points.
- With the help of satellite the 24hour communication can be achieved.
- Satellite communication has a higher signal quality.
- BROAD—BAND can be obtained to put more information on the carrier.
- For long distance communication or across oceans a Satellite Communication is used.
- Satellite in close elliptical orbits required low transmitting Power and low receiver sensitivity.
- Satellite communication need a large diameter antenna high power and most sensitive transmitter and receiver are required.
- Satellite communication is disturbed by solar activities and cyclones in the space.
- Satellite efficiency drops due to the ageing effect of the components.
- The longer propagation times (APPOX,300ms)are a disadvantage of satellite communication.
- Initial design and launching of the satellite in the orbit results in extremely high cost.