Role of MIS in Management:
- The role of the MIS in an organization can be compared to the role of heart in the body. The information is the blood and MIS is the heart. In the body the heart plays the role of supplying pure blood to all the elements of the body including the brain.
- The MIS plays exactly the same role in the organization. The system ensures that an appropriate data is collected from the various sources, processed, and sent further to all the needy destinations. The system is expected to fulfill the information needs of an individual, a group of individuals, the management functionaries: the managers and the top management.
- The MIS helps the clerical personnel in the transaction processing and answers their queries on the data pertaining to the transaction, the status of a particular record and references on a variety of documents.
- The MIS helps the middle management in short them planning,target setting and controlling the business functions. It is supported by the use of the management tools of planning and control.
- The MIS plays the role of information generation, communication, problem identification and helps in the process of decision making. The MIS, therefore, plays a vita role in the management, administration and operations of an organization.
Uses of MIS in Management:
- It deals with transaction processing such as answering the questions, ststus of a particular record and variety of documents.
- It gives operational data for planning,scheduling and control.
- It helps in decision making and to correct an out of control situvation.
- It helps middle management in short term planning, target setting and control the business finctions.
- It helps top management in goal setting, planning business planes and its implementations.
- It helps in generating information, communicating of the generated information, problem idetification and helps in the process of decision making.
Role of Management Information System
Management Information System Roles
Role of MIS in Business